Serendipity (ser'en-dip'-e-ti) :Is the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Prize Inside

I spy with my little eye. . . . .


lots of things.
 Can you find a dinosaur, a robot, a whistle
or even a tiny baby Jesus?



A prize perhaps from a gum machine?
 A tiny treasure.  part of a child's collection, a memory.



I spy with my little eye
lots of junk.
But it's good junk.
I believe that there is a difference
between good and bad junk.
Anyway, it makes for a colorful photo.
Hope you are all having a good week.

xo,
Danielle


11 comments:

Jill said...

So fun!

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

I remember some of those prizes!!!
Warmly,
deb

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Danielle.....I play that game with my 8 year old grandson when we go out running around on errands.

BTW.....Got your e-mail....you are in my thoughts dear lady.
xo

Jo

Jane said...

You had me searching!! Great photos!
Jane

Esther said...

Very fun and clever idea! love the photo!!!

Linda said...

How fun! Great photo, Danielle!

Collected Treasures...for the home, heart and soul said...

Everything I saw made me smile....thank you!
jana

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DARLING Danielle,

This reminds me of the movie, To Kill a Mockingbird...that first scene during the introduction, where the old cigar box is shown with all the "junk" like the time piece, a crayon, the carved doll.....these are sweet artifacts that tell a story. I love anything that can evoke the imagination and YOUR PHOTOS ARE STUNNING! You header just pops right out.

Thank you for coming to visit me and yes, teaching is one IMPORTANT JOB! I shake sometimes if I really think about what I am doing!!

GOD BLESS YOU and your family! Anita

Karen Xavier said...

That's quite a collection of odd bits and pieces... filled with memories, no doubt.

Debbie said...

super fun and super colorful!! i remember searching for the prize in the cracker jack box! does that make me old??

Kathy said...

The photo is colorful and fun. I can remember some of the items from ceral and snacks. Most folks would discard these items but I can imagine all the fun kids had with these playing and playing. Nice Collection. Kathy