Serendipity (ser'en-dip'-e-ti) :Is the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Easy Crocheted Beaded Necklace


I found these beads this weekend. They look a little like crackle glass. I thought it would make a pretty summer necklace.



The supplies I used was "silver" crochet cotton thread, glass beads and crochet hook (I used a size B).


Before I do any stitching I thread all my beads onto the crochet thread.



Then I crochet a simple chain stitch.

I crocheted ten chains....


then I slide one bead down the thread and crochet ten more chains. This "locks" the bead in place.


I continued until my necklace was long enough. I made enough to wear the necklace long or I am able to double it.

Easy Peasy.

2 comments:

Sally L. Smith said...

Hi, Danielle. I found your comment on Rebecca Sower's blog and thought I'd take a look at yours. I've been doing the same thing as you've done on this post. Take a look to see how different the tecnique looks with colored beads, buttons and odds and ends-- Aug 27th post. I wouldn't have thought of this if I hadn't been visiting Rebecca. Your necklace is lovely with the crackled beads. Have a great day.
Sally

Pam said...

I love the necklace, thanks for sharing how too. I wanted a necklace with beads to use a lovely vintage pendant I found at a flea market. This is just what I was looking for!